Bronx employment law office Legal immigration into the United States tends to mean long waits and frustrating paperwork. It helps if you have a skill that is needed and for which there are few qualified individuals. However, most people do not know where to start, given the complexity of obtaining permission to enter the U.S. It is in your best interests to work with a Bronx employment law office for this reason.
A Bronx Employment Law Attorney Discusses the Issuance of Labor Certification
Prior to applying for a green card, you will need to find a sponsoring employer in the United States. As a Bronx employment law office will tell you, the employer has to first convince the Department of Labor that no qualified individuals are available for the job in question. The employer is then issued a labor certification.
The next step is for the employer to file an immigrant visa petition with USCIS. Employers often are unaware of how to do this, so a Bronx employment law attorney may be necessary. United States Citizenship and Immigration Services requires that you, the job applicant, possess the minimum requirements for the position in question.
Once this step is complete you will need to go to the U.S. Embassy in your country or the USCIS if you are in the United States and apply for a green card interview. You will be evaluated, and provided that nothing would cause your application to be inadmissible, such as a criminal history, you will be issued a green card.
A Bronx Employment Law Office on Types of Skilled Worker Green Cards
A Bronx employment law office attorney will tell you that the type of green card you obtain depends upon the requirements for the job in question, not on your qualifications. The following green cards provide lawful permanent residency for workers:

  • EB1: This is a high-priority status green card for individuals with extraordinary abilities and talents;
  • EB2: A professional status card for immigrants with exceptional ability in certain areas; and
  • EB3: Skilled or professional status for those with at least two years of experience in a given field or a bachelor’s degree.

A Bronx employment law office lawyer can explain other types of available green cards, such as the EB4, but the most common are EB2 and EB3. It is possible to move from a lower classification to a higher one, such as in the case of a promotion, from EB3 to EB2, for example, but this usually requires that you are hired into a new company or your current employer obtain a new labor certification.
A Bronx Employment Law Attorney Can Help You
If you are a skilled worker and would like assistance in gaining lawful permanent residence in the U.S., call an experienced Bronx employment law office that cares about you. Call the Law Office of Delmas Costin, Jr. today at 718-618-0589.